Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And now for something completely different: a satelite named after a comedian

NASA has plans to launch a new addition to the International Space Station, which will be delivered this December. But first, it wants OUR help to name what they're currently calling "Node 3".

On last night's Colbert Report, Stephen told us the top suggested name was "XENU", but urged the Colbert Nation to do everything within its power to get that node named after Colbert. Why not?

Today, the top suggested name is Colbert, but it's hard to tell how much of the vote the suggested names have, because the percentage tabulation only counts the names that NASA came up with itself -- those Firefly-watching NERDS! Something must be done. Go to the website, click the button for other suggestions and type in "COLBERT". We'll show NASA why Firefly only lasted one season, while Stephen recently did his 500th show!

Aside: Seriously though, I don't get Firefly. I'm the only one of my friends who doesn't own the box set of its single season and has never seen the movie. I don't get it. I don't want it explained to me. I don't want to watch it. It's just like football, okay. I have no interest and the next person who tries to get me to be interested in it is going to have things thrown at them (soft things that won't do any damage, but things nonetheless).

No comments: