- After gratuating from Columbia University, he was a community organizer in the South Side of Chicago for three years, before going to Harvard Law
- from which he graduated at the top of his class.
- He also was the head of the Harvard Law Review (the first black man to do so), where he managed a staff of 80.
- After returning to Chicago he taught Constitutional Law for 12 years.
- Then he was a State Senator for 8 years, before running for the US Senate
- Where he has served for 4 years.
- And he's also run the largest, most successful (in terms of number of contributors) presidential campaign in US history.
Edit: It was Columbia, not Princeton (Michelle went to Princeton). For more, take a peek at Barack's bio.