Monday, February 23, 2009

Snatching WIN from the jaws of FAIL


If you know me, you kn0w that I love sweets. Soda, ice cream, cookies, candy... this proclivity for sweet things partially explains why I've had 9 fillings in the last 10 days. If you know me at all, you also know that I love to cook -- just one more thing that makes me a bad feminist.
It makes sense to me, then, to occasionally bake. Usually I prefer Pamela's Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix (with a packet of instant oatmeal thrown in -- YUM), but this week, I decided to try Bob's Redmill Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix.
The mix tasted so strongly of garbanzo beans I was disheartened... thinking up a way of getting rid of the cookies if they tasted the same as the mix.
When the first cookies came out... I sampled... tasted like a cookie. Actually, it was pretty good. Not good enough to supplant Pamela's, but good enough to eat... I may still take them to my Mary Kay meeting tomorrow, but at least they weren't a total failure.

No comments: