Thursday, February 19, 2009

Angels in my house

Who knew they were so photogenic?
I've been going through a whole bunch of shit lately. Lost my job, sick Schmoogie, 6 fillings in one day, shingles, two ER trips in two days (we're both fine, but pain is a powerful motivator), and despite it all I'm trying to stay positive.
And then this angel shows up. I know, I know, it's "just" a sunbeam coming through the glass vase. Sure it is. But when you're suffering, what's the harm in seeing inspirational things all around you? Even if they are imaginary?
My Mary Kay director, Stephanie, keeps pushing home this idea that the more frustrated you feel, the closer you are to a breakthrough. She's talking about Mary Kay, the business, but when you're self-employed, your business has a lot to do with the rest of your life. So, I keep telling myself, the last couple weeks, that I must be really close to something so awesome that it defies reality, because something keeps trying to pull me back. Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm afraid to succeed, maybe I'm being tested, but the one thing I know is that all the shit that's going on, I can't let it stop me.
And neither can you. So while I know "good" bloggers" don't talk about their personal lives, I'm doing this because I know there are a lot of people going through some horrible shit right now. Illness, un- or under-employment -- things are actually kinda bad right now, but you can't let the bastards get you down.

No comments: