Thursday, May 24, 2012

Oh god, not another social media thing...

I'm on the Pinterest now. And I spent WAAAAAY too much time today getting it all set up before I have any followers so they're not inundated with my pins. (I should also mention the pun in my little description at the top... the Schmoogie laughed way too hard when I told him about it.)

So, what's the point of this? Well, I'm "building my brand". I might even start a board for my unit when we're, you know, more unit-y. For now, I'll keep it mostly personal and try to set a good example for other Mary Kay consultants who want to be on the Pinterest (that's why it says that "my oPINions are my own"), and "build my brand" (see, I really am a businessperson, I use buzz-phrases!). 

I was slightly productive today, though, aside from all the pinning. It looks like I'll be paying another bill this month (yay!), and my BAM (Base Acceptable Minimum -- I'll do a jargon post one of these days) is in sight. I hate that it's the END of the month and I'm getting excited about achieving my minimum, but the fact that I have a minimum that I can express in absolutes, and achieve with a little digging in is kind of a big deal.

Yesterday, the Schmoogie expressed that he thinks the first few years of my business were about learning how to do it wrong, but now, this year, I've gotten really serious about it and he's seeing changes in me he hasn't before. Of course, it was also mentioned that I can't expect huge changes in my business because I've been consistent for a few weeks. I roll my eyes at myself when typing that, but it's true. I don't know why I expect myself to change everything overnight, but I do expect that for some reason. Everyone around me believes in me SO MUCH, so why can't everything change overnight?

Well, I know what I need to do, and I'm in the process of doing it, so trusting the process... and knowing that at some point I'll have enough momentum that the process will work itself and I'll settle into a nice workin' groove.

No comments: